Rendering In SketchUp provides instructions for creating 3D photoreal graphics for SketchUp models using integrated rendering programs. The book serves as a beginner rendering manual and reference guide to further develop rendering skills. With an emphasis on step-by-step process, SketchUp users learn a universal approach to rendering varied SketchUp projects, including architecture, interiors and site design models.
The book focuses on tasks and principles at the core of photorealistic rendering, including:
- Rendering process: Learn a step-by-step process focused on workflow within SketchUp’s familiar workspace.
- Universal method: Understand how the process can be used to work with a variety of different integrated rendering programs, including Shaderlight, SU Podium and Twilight Render**. These programs are easy to learn and function in SketchUp.
- Textures and materials: Discover how to obtain, apply and edit texture images representing surfaces.
- Component details: Learn how to acquire and organize model details to allow for rich, expressive settings while maintaining computer and SketchUp performance.
- Exterior and simulated lighting: Learn to set exterior lighting with the SketchUp’s Shadow menu or illuminate a scene with simulated lights, lamps and bulbs.
- Render Settings: Use specific settings for various rendering programs to quickly set texture character, image quality and graphic output.
- Computer Specifications: Find out how computers produce renders and the type of computer hardware required to streamline the process
Photoshop Post-Processing: Learn how to further refine rendered images in Photoshop